// Converting XLS to HTML args := new(CellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAsOpts) args.Name = file.XLS args.Newfilename = "file.HTML" args.Folder = GetBaseTest().remoteFolder response, httpResponse, err := GetBaseTest().CellsAPI.CellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAs(args) // Converting HTML to SXC args := new(CellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAsOpts) args.Name = file.HTML args.Newfilename = "file.SXC" args.Folder = GetBaseTest().remoteFolder response, httpResponse, err := GetBaseTest().CellsAPI.CellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAs(args)
XLS to SXC Conversion in Cloud Apps
- Initialize WordsApi and CellsApi with Client Id, Client Secret, Base URL & API version
- Set ConvertDocumentRequest with parameters local file name and format as HTML
- Call WordsApi convertDocument to convert XLS document to HTML
- Initialize SaveOption from CellsAPI with parameters SaveFormat as SXC
- Call cellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAs method to convert XLS file to SXC
Get Started with Aspose.Total REST APIs
- Create an account at Dashboard to get free API quota & authorization details
- Get Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells Cloud SDKs for Go source code from Aspose.Words GitHub and Aspose.Cells GitHub repos to compile/use the SDK yourself or head to the Releases for alternative download options.
- Also have a look at Swagger-based API Reference for Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells to know more about the REST API.
Convert Excel XLS Documents
Convert XLS to HTML using Aspose.Cells then feed the HTML to any of the Aspose.Total APIs like Aspose.Words, Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Email, Aspose.Slides, Aspose.Diagram, Aspose.Tasks, Aspose.3D, Aspose.HTML to export the result in 100+ popular file formats.
For all the supported formats please visit Aspose.Total Cloud page
Excel to Image conversion
Aspose.Cells Cloud SDK produces few quick and easy ways to convert MS Excel files to various image formats similar to what we have done above for SXC: by direct REST API calls or using SDKs. There are multiple image formats accessible for converting Excel sheets with Aspose.Cells Cloud APIs - JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIFF.
- Create SaveOption object and set desire format using SaveFormat property.
- Create ConvertDocumentRequest object to convert XLS document
- Call SaveAsPostDocument method of CellsApi class instance for conversion from XLS
What is XLS format?
Files with XLS extension represent Excel Binary File Format. Such files can be created by Microsoft Excel as well as other similar spreadsheet programs such as OpenOffice Calc or Apple Numbers. File saved by Excel is known as Workbook where each workbook can have one or more worksheets. Data is stored and displayed to users in table format in worksheet and can span numeric values, text data, formulas, external data connections, images, and charts. Applications like Microsoft Excel lets you export workbook data to several different formats including PDF, CSV, XLSX, TXT, HTML, XPS, and several others. The XLS file format was replaced with a more open and structured format, XLSX, with the release of Microsoft Excel 2007. The latest versions still provide support for creating and reading XLS files, though XLSX is the first choice of use now.
How can I get started with Aspose.Total REST APIs?
Quickstart not only guides through the initialization of Aspose.Total Cloud API, it also helps in installing the required libraries.
Where can I see the release notes for Aspose.Total Cloud API?
Complete release notes can be reviewed at Aspose.Total Cloud Documentation.
Is it safe to convert XLS to SXC in the Cloud?
Of course! Aspose Cloud uses Amazon EC2 cloud servers that guarantee the security and resilience of the service. Please read more about Aspose's Security Practices.
What file formats are supported by Aspose.Total Cloud API?
Aspose.Total Cloud can convert file formats from any product family to any other product family to PDF, DOCX, XPS, image(TIFF, JPEG, PNG BMP), MD and more. Checkout the complete list of supported file formats.
I can not find the SDK for my favorite language. What should I do?
Aspose.Total Cloud is also available as a Docker Container. Try using it with cURL in case your required SDK is not available yet.