// Converting DOTX to HTML HtmlSaveOptionsData requestSaveOptionsData = new HtmlSaveOptionsData(); requestSaveOptionsData.setFileName("/file.DOTX"); SaveAsRequest request = new SaveAsRequest("file.HTML",requestSaveOptionsData,remoteFolder,null,null,null,null,null); SaveResponse result = wordsApi.saveAs(request); // Converting HTML to PCL response = pdfApi.putPdfInRequestToHTML( file.PCL);
DOTX to PCL Conversion in Cloud Apps
- Initialize WordsApi and CellsApi with Client Id, Client Secret, Base URL & API version
- Set ConvertDocumentRequest with parameters local file name and format as HTML
- Call WordsApi convertDocument to convert DOTX document to HTML
- Initialize SaveOption from CellsAPI with parameters SaveFormat as PCL
- Call cellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAs method to convert DOTX file to PCL
Get Started with Aspose.Total REST APIs
- Create an account at Dashboard to get free API quota & authorization details
- Get Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells Cloud SDKs for Java source code from Aspose.Words GitHub and Aspose.Cells GitHub repos to compile/use the SDK yourself or head to the Releases for alternative download options.
- Also have a look at Swagger-based API Reference for Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells to know more about the REST API.
Convert Word DOTX Documents
Convert DOTX to HTML using Aspose.Words then feed the HTML to any of the Aspose.Total APIs like Aspose.Cells, Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Email, Aspose.Slides, Aspose.Diagram, Aspose.Tasks, Aspose.3D, Aspose.HTML to export the result in 100+ popular file formats.
For all the supported formats please visit Aspose.Total Cloud page
Word to Image conversion
Aspose.Words Cloud SDK produces few quick and easy ways to convert MS Word files to various image formats similar to what we have done above for PCL: by direct REST API calls or using SDKs. There are multiple image formats accessible for converting Word documents with Aspose.Words Cloud APIs - JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIFF.
- Create ConvertDocumentRequest object to convert DOTX document
- Call ConvertDocument method of WordsApi class instance for conversion from DOTX
What is DOTX Format?
Files with DOTX extension are template files created by Microsoft Word to have pre-formatted settings for generation of further DOCX files. A template file is created in order to have specific user settings that should be applied to subsequent flies created from these. These settings include page margins, borders, headers, footers, and other page settings. Such templates are used in official documents such as company letterheads and standardized forms.
What is PCL Format?
PCL stands for Printer Command Language which is a Page Description Language introduced by Hewlett Packard (HP). HP created PCL to provide an efficient way for controlling printer features across many different printing devices. The format was originally developed for HP’s dot matrix and Inkjet printers, but has been part of various thermal, matrix and page printers with the passage of time. The format underwent several different revisions, resulting in different versions where each version was enhanced to meet the demands of time with respect to the printer control features. Today, PCL is the most widely spread printer language in the laster printer market.
How can I get started with Aspose.Total REST APIs?
Quickstart not only guides through the initialization of Aspose.Total Cloud API, it also helps in installing the required libraries.
Where can I see the release notes for Aspose.Total Cloud API?
Complete release notes can be reviewed at Aspose.Total Cloud Documentation.
Is it safe to convert DOTX to PCL in the Cloud?
Of course! Aspose Cloud uses Amazon EC2 cloud servers that guarantee the security and resilience of the service. Please read more about Aspose's Security Practices.
What file formats are supported by Aspose.Total Cloud API?
Aspose.Total Cloud can convert file formats from any product family to any other product family to PDF, DOCX, XPS, image(TIFF, JPEG, PNG BMP), MD and more. Checkout the complete list of supported file formats.
I can not find the SDK for my favorite language. What should I do?
Aspose.Total Cloud is also available as a Docker Container. Try using it with cURL in case your required SDK is not available yet.