# Converting PPS to HTML require 'aspose_slides_cloud' api_slides = AsposeSlidesCloud::SlidesApi.new begin folder_name = "/" file_name = "file.PPS" out_path = "/" + file_name AsposeSlidesCloud::SpecUtils.api.copy_file("TempTests/" + file_name, folder_name + "/" + file_name) AsposeSlidesCloud::SpecUtils.api.save_presentation(file_name, AsposeSlidesCloud::ExportFormat::HTML, out_path, nil, "password", folder_name) end # Converting HTML to DIF require 'aspose_slides_cloud' api_slides = AsposeSlidesCloud::SlidesApi.new begin folder_name = "/" file_name = "file.HTML" out_path = "/" + file_name AsposeSlidesCloud::SpecUtils.api.copy_file("TempTests/" + file_name, folder_name + "/" + file_name) AsposeSlidesCloud::SpecUtils.api.save_presentation(file_name, AsposeSlidesCloud::ExportFormat::DIF, out_path, nil, "password", folder_name) end
PPS to DIF Conversion in Cloud Apps
- Initialize WordsApi and CellsApi with Client Id, Client Secret, Base URL & API version
- Set ConvertDocumentRequest with parameters local file name and format as HTML
- Call WordsApi convertDocument to convert PPS document to HTML
- Initialize SaveOption from CellsAPI with parameters SaveFormat as DIF
- Call cellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAs method to convert PPS file to DIF
Get Started with Aspose.Total REST APIs
- Create an account at Dashboard to get free API quota & authorization details
- Get Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells Cloud SDKs for Ruby source code from Aspose.Words GitHub and Aspose.Cells GitHub repos to compile/use the SDK yourself or head to the Releases for alternative download options.
- Also have a look at Swagger-based API Reference for Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells to know more about the REST API.
Convert PowerPoint PPS Documents
Convert PPS to HTML using Aspose.Slides then feed the HTML to any of the Aspose.Total APIs like Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Email, Aspose.Diagram, Aspose.Tasks, Aspose.3D, Aspose.HTML to export the result in 100+ popular file formats.
For all the supported formats please visit Aspose.Total Cloud page
PowerPoint to Image conversion
Aspose.Slides Cloud SDK produces few quick and easy ways to convert MS PowerPoint files to various image formats similar to what we have done above for DIF: by direct REST API calls or using SDKs. There are multiple image formats accessible for converting PowerPoint slides with Aspose.Slides Cloud APIs - JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIFF.
- Create SlidesApi class instance to convert PPS document
- Call Convert method of SlidesApi class instance for conversion from PPS and provide desired format as 2nd parameter.
What is PPS Format?
PPS, PowerPoint Slide Show, files are created using Microsoft PowerPoint for Slide Show purpose. PPS file reading and creation is supported by Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2003. The more latest version of this file format is PPSX which is based on Office OpenXML standards. PPS files can still be read by latest versions of Microsoft PowerPoint, but newly created files can only be saved in PPSX file format. When a PPS file is shared with another user and opened, it starts as Powerpoint show unlike PPT file which opens in editable mode.
What is DIF Format?
DIF stands for Data Interchange Format that is used to import/export spreadsheets data between different applications. These include Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc, StarCalc and many others. It stores data contained in a single spreadsheet which is the only limitation of this file format.
How can I get started with Aspose.Total REST APIs?
Quickstart not only guides through the initialization of Aspose.Total Cloud API, it also helps in installing the required libraries.
Where can I see the release notes for Aspose.Total Cloud API?
Complete release notes can be reviewed at Aspose.Total Cloud Documentation.
Is it safe to convert PPS to DIF in the Cloud?
Of course! Aspose Cloud uses Amazon EC2 cloud servers that guarantee the security and resilience of the service. Please read more about Aspose's Security Practices.
What file formats are supported by Aspose.Total Cloud API?
Aspose.Total Cloud can convert file formats from any product family to any other product family to PDF, DOCX, XPS, image(TIFF, JPEG, PNG BMP), MD and more. Checkout the complete list of supported file formats.
I can not find the SDK for my favorite language. What should I do?
Aspose.Total Cloud is also available as a Docker Container. Try using it with cURL in case your required SDK is not available yet.